Monday, October 09, 2006

Day of Exploration !! - Part 1

Saturday - Oct 7'th 2006 - Came home from Bhai's place after a BBQ. Tossed myself into the bed with a JD with coke and ice and Delhi. All apologies for expressing my disinterest for honourable Mr Khuswant Singh works. The Books got me totally interested into the age of Delhi which to me had existed only from 1981 - The year of the Ass. I'm totally into the history of the mughals - whose empire controlled the most vast domain in the world and this is mixed with the narrator's escapades with Bhagmati and Georgine. Read a lil - wrapped up my drink and slumped into the bed at around 2 with the alarm set at 4 - We are driving to Algonquin National Park for a day Hike.

Prep for the trip - No maps - just lot of energy and madness - 6 people - 2 cars.
I got up around 5 - Out of the house by 5.15 am - Decided to take the trip in my tracks only.
We all met at Tuss place bid bye to AT who was leaving in the evening. Took a set of direction from Google Maps. Checked the weather for algonquin - its nice and sunny 18 Degrees.
Drivers for the trip ARA, Dev (high on Advil), Me(high on energy and low on brains).

We leave around 6 am - Stop at Rabba to pick water, Ganolla Bars, Gatorade, Snickers and start to follow the directions to algonquin. Its Dev, Me and Tuss in 1 car - Dev Driving. Murga, ARA, Kanak in the other car - ARA Driving. Tossed in the freshly baked CD of Desi music and Billa starts to croon 'Tej Dhaar'. First Pit Stop at Tim's for Coffee and bagel followed by some memnto pics. I somehow dont like group pics - they are so impersonal and cold.

The Drive was good with bursts of dense fog - I did the navigation actually after my last trip to montreal i was looking forward to navigation - had picked up a map on toronto and neighbouring areas hence had a good time tracking Highway 400 to barrie and then on to mushkoka cottage country. Reached algonquin by 10 got our permits and i started to drive ;-) This was the first time when i was driving in canada and the guys felt i'm a pro - no wonder they were with me.

Made it to the start point in time and safe. The trek was pretty much the same old killing kinds but i managed to get some good shots.
To be Cont..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home