Thursday, June 14, 2007

An Unfinished Life Of Unfinished Books

I think i would hold the biggest record for 'reading and then leaving in between' any book. My best performance being with 'The Brief History Of Time' which i picked up a record 9 times during the course of 3 years in my college and it still remains unfinished. My super power was quite challenged over the course of last year where i was unsuccessful through and through as i picked up 18 books and completed them. :-(

However 2007 - the year of the Pig has rejuvenated the mutant genes once again and I'm again on the winning spree of having 4 incomplete books in the last 2 months. Started with 'Lolita' By Vladimir Nabokov moved to 'Talking Straight' by Lee Iacocca then to 'Disclosure' by Michael Crichton to 'Unbearable Lightness of Being' By Milan Kundera to the latest initiative being '100 years of solitude' by Gabriel Garcia Marquez which i feel is a one night stand only and nothing else.

I'm sure that I'm going to take it over the top this time and come out as the unparalleled winner among ass holes including you. lol

OK!! now enough sarcasm, enough negativity the bitch in me would die if i do not stop this business of picking books and leaving them in between. Wish me Best of luck ppl.

1 Comments:

Blogger Abhishek said...

I picked up this book for the second time but still cant read it from the fear of buying a motorcycle on an impulse. 'Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance' by Robert Pisrig.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home