Saturday, May 05, 2007

The First Road Trip - Prep For the Himalayan Odyssey

Mind you all this is not Fart because during the proceedings on this initiative my gluteus maximus got so absolut numb

Statistics
10 litres of petrol - Rs 500
Parking Fee - Rs 20
Entry Fee to Nandi Hills Fort - Rs 10
Tea - Rs 10
Being able to do my road trip - Priceless

So getting to the RT, Kota and Myself started early in fact we started a night before and went on to have couple of beers and watched pretty woman till 1 in the night finally waking up at 4.30 am to do the first road trip of my life - Bangalore - Nandi Hills - Bangalore. Its a mere 120 Km's back to back so a very small ride but it was my first one and that too on a Bullet.

We were out by 5.15 am with Kota riding and me pillion. We went as par as Yehlanka when we realized that we both have no idea about the directions except the fact thats its on the Bangalore- Hyderabad Highway. So i took over from Kota to ride Rocky II (thats the name of the bike). Now i'll be very open this was my first time i was riding a Bullet and if you notice carefully the Bullet Electra 4G has everything opposite i.e.
- The rear wheel brake is on the left.
- Gears on the right
- Front wheel brake on right top
- Clutch on left top

All in all i did not know how to ride it and to add on to it the highway had no lightning. :-)
But my ability to put myself into pretty stupid challenges was pretty strong so i started driving. I took my own sweet time to get used to the gears and lack of visibility with some near topples and brake mix ups. :-)

After the first 5 Kms i for the first time felt the dust and the grime on my palms and my first reaction was to turn around and ask Kota 'Do u also get this?' and he just nodded.

Ne ways we reached Nandi Hills and this is what it offers


We were back in Bangalore by about 9 am for a good breakfast prepared by Biswajeet. Once back home my i had one of the best hair blown beard (more on this later with pics).

All in all i would proclaim that I'm still in my infancy but I'm here now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home