Wednesday, May 02, 2007

This Is What I Want?

I have always been held in awe by travelers. Don't know why but probably its the thing which i have not experienced so far or probably because it runs in the blood

1) My father has spent 40 years of his career on sea and is still continuing to do so. Touch Wood.
2) My maternal grand father covered the whole of Kashmir on a bike.
3) My father along with my mother went all across Punjab on a bike.
4) My elder brother bought about the idea of buying a sail boat and going places. Sadly the idea died right over the beer over which it started but I'm sure he wants to still do it

And now i want to go through the same experience. I Want to travel.
For a major part of my life till now one of the best alternate professions which i would want to get into is wildlife photography or traveler associated with Discovery or National Geographic.

I do not want to do something big like a year of travel or a bike trip from India to some distant lands. I want to a simple 2 week trip from Delhi to Leh Ladakh as part of the Royal Enfield Himalayan Odyssey.

Some of the challenges which i face are:-
1) Getting a Royal Enfield Bullet
2) Getting my folks comfortable with the idea
3) Practicing enough riding before i face the 2 week ride knowing that its gonna take me to the world's toughest & highest motorable passes - Baralach La (16800ft), Tanglang La (17500ft) & Khardung La (18380ft)
4) Another important factor is the nature of my job which might require me to travel for work

So this is what i want to do and i still do not have a plan for the same but clearly i know that my elder bro and my sister in law do not support my endevour as per now.

Lets hope i'm able to beat the odds at this one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Abhishek said...

i wanted to do a road trip on a bullet too. Bombay-Calcutta-Delhi-Kanyakumari-Bombay. Now, I have graduated my dream to a road trip on a triumph rocket, east coast to the west coast of the continental US.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home